Thursday, April 02, 2009

Taking the Fantasy Plunge

I'm officially a geek. Ok, I've been a sci-fi/horror geek for a while, but now I've entered the realm of fantasy baseball. If my geekyness was ever in question, the argument is now settled. I will be spending the MLB season mulling over player notes, crunching the stats, and probably watching the game differently. I'm hoping to balance out being a baseball fan (TX Rangers), and following my fantasy team. I never want to be that guy that roots against his team in the hopes for bettering my fantasy team. I have noticed it has broadened my perspective on the league. In years past I've paid little attention to the National League, but since I'm in a mixed league, those days are over. I think that's a good thing. It will definitely force me to do a better job keeping up with stats, and hopefully that will translate to a more well rounded sports show on BTR. As if anyone cares...here's the Virginia Trashcan OJO's Fantasy Baseball Roster for 2009:

Batters:

C Russel Martin, LAD
1B Justin Morneau, MIN
2B Brian Roberts, BAL
3B Chris Davis, TEX
SS Hanley Ramirez, TB
2B/SS Mark Derosa, CLE
1B/3B Carlos Delgado, NYM
OF Ichiro Suzuki, SEA
OF Josh Hamilton, TEX
OF Adam Dunn, WAS
OF Xavier Nady, NYY
OF Nelson Cruz, TEX
UTIL Carlos Guillen, DET 1B, 3B
Bench Chase Headley, SD OF

Pitchers:

RP Kevin Gregg, ChC
SP James Shields, TB
SP AJ Burnett, NYY
SP Jon Lester, Bos
SP Adam Wainwright, Stl
SP Rich Harden, ChC
SP Gil Meche, KC
SP Hiroki Kiroda, LAD
RP Chad Qualls, ARI
SP Randy Johnson, SF
SP Mark Buerhle, CWS

On ESPN 10 team 5x5 rotisserie. I would greatly appreciate some feedback from some fantasy pros on my first fantasy baseball draft.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home