Friday, February 15, 2008

Change of Pace

This political race is boring and irritating. Change of pace. Started browsing through Chuck Palahniuk's 'Survivor' last night. I read it a few years ago, but it's always good to browse through an old read. Just scanning pages reminded me of why that book was so inspirational in the first place. Poignant and tight, CP gets to the core of things without bloated prose. The gross excess of honesty in his work made me assess society and my place in it with a brutality that is downright creepy.
Finally started Brian Herbert and Kevin Anderson's, "Sandworms of Dune". I've been meaning to get around to this for a while. So far so good, but I'm not that far into it yet.
Odorous Jr is doing well. I just got an old Dodge pick-up, and he's definetly enjoying the road more from a higher vantage point.
The "Heroes" graphic novel is a good read, with outstanding artwork. The timeline jumps around so much it can be a chore to keep up with, though.

"If you will it, dude, it is no dream". Walter from the Big Lebowski

2 Comments:

Blogger Joseph B. said...

So you must have droppped money on a second copy of Survivor because I've still got the copy you lent me like 4 years ago. Nothing better than borrowed art!

8:14 PM  
Blogger Chris Allen Gaubatz said...

Yeah, we now sport all of those...I think someone has a copy of 'The Brothers Karamazov' too. It never changes.

1:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home