Saturday, December 29, 2007

Aliens vs Predator: Requiem (Strause, 2007)


Kate and I went to see this big disaster on Christmas Day. While it wasn't awful enough to ruin the holiday for us, it was indeed a major downer. Bad movies have a way of teasing you with a great opening. I liked the panoramic view of the Predator's homeworld, and I thought for sure that there would be some real meat and potatoes to the story-telling in this one. There wasn't. AVP-2 was one big gloomy, rainy, chase-scene. The same old Aliens special effects with a slight twist- the Aliens were an Alien-Predator hybrid. Wow. It didn't work. I truly regretted not having more candy during this one, because once I was out of popcorn there was nothing to do but focus all of my faculties on the big screen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home