Sunday, August 06, 2006

Trashcan Odorous Jr's 'Laughs on Call'


I love movies. I love vampires (the pre-rave vampyres), werewolves, ZOMBIES, and all that is blood and guts- but there is another side of film I love, too. The timeless comedy. For me, there are a few movies that I can re-visit over, and over, and over, and over again. There was a year and a half stretch that I watched the 'Big Lebowski' every single day. No matter how much effort I put into explaining the brilliance of nuance that the Coen brother's captured in that film, if you don't get- you don't get it. Does watching Monty Python's verbose peasant (Dennis), ever get old (pun intended)? Never. Neither does watching the fireworks of 'Tim the Enchanter' be conjured up "without flint nor tinder"? I remember the summer of my junior year in high school when I discovered 'Young Frankenstein'. It doesn't matter that I've seen that movie at least a hundred times-it makes me laugh every time, every scene. Over and over again. That is the magic of film. A group of people got together and made a movie that will make people laugh on call for the rest of their lives! Here is the Trashcan Odorous Jr. list of 'Laughs on Call':

1: The Big Lebowski (aka The Grand Lebowski, or Mr. Marijuana)
2: Young Frankenstein (that's Frahn-ken-shteen)
3: Monty Python and the Holy Grail..."are you suggesting coconuts migrate"?
4: Super Troopers
5: Napoleon Dynamite..."I see you're drinking 1%, is that 'cause you think you're fat, 'cause you're not. You could be drinking whole milk if you wanted to".
6: Team America: World Police... " Pearl Harbor sucked just a little bit more than I miss you "
7: Army of Darkness..."Groovy"
8: Caddyshack
9: Airplane
10: The Naked Gun
Hurry, go pop-in one of these classics right meow!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home