Wednesday, July 12, 2006

The Hills Have Eyes (Remake)


Let me start by reiterating my loathing for Hollywood's obsession with remakes. I refuse to spend money on any more junk remakes, which is why I haven't seen this movie until tonight. My aunt had a burned copy of 'The Hills Have Eyes', and I thought I might as well get it over with and see it. It definately lived down to my expectations. There is nothing, and I mean absolutely nothing redeemable about this picture. The only thing worth seeing is the footage of atomic explosions during the opening credits. It's not that the acting or dialogue was bad, it's just that the poor actors had nothing to work with. The plot was scattered and lacked purpose. Wes Craven has only made three good movies in his entire career- Last House on the Left, A Nightmare on Elm Street, and The Hills Have Eyes. It's too bad that one of them has been marred because of it's affiliation with this poorly executed remake. The hills may have eyes, but I suggest using your eyes to watch anything other than this flick.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home