Friday, June 30, 2006

Double-U Double-U Double-U Dot Enough is Enough Dot Com

OJO doesn't want this site to be a stomping ground for mindless ranting, but I just have to put my two cents in on this issue of world-wide-web clarification. Every web url starts with http://www. We get it. So why is it that whenever someone is advertising a website, or anyone is giving me the address of their website, that they start out by telling me, "you can find my site at, double-u, double-u, double-u dot". You don't say- considering that every single website in the known universe starts with that preface! I don't know what's worse- having a voicemail box tell me that I should leave my name and number after the beep, or having someone spell out for me that I will never find their website if I don't know to type 'www.' before typing their address in the 'address' line of the toolbar. Here's an idea- if your website is actually one of the ten out of a billion sites that starts with www2, then go ahead and give me that information, otherwise, let my Sherlock Holmesesque logical deductive skills take over and allow me to extrapolate the preface of your web address when telling me where to find whatever site it is you want me to find. Let me spell it out. If the website you want me to go to is www.whatever.com, just tell me to go to whatever.com. I, like the rest of the information age populace of the world, can figure out the rest. My dream is that in the future, double-u, double-u, double-u dot, will have withered it's way out of the vernacular.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home